Author MK2k / www.mk2k.net Original Free Lunch Design / http://www.freelunchdesign.com Color Edition by Tim "Argh!" Wright Name Alex the Allegator 4 Color Edition Version R1 Platform PSP (Custom Firmware) Dev-Details Ported to the PSP using Diedel's Allegro port
Tim "Argh!" Wright released a color edition source and data mod for Alex the Allegator 4. So here is the PSP port of Alex the Allegator 4 Color Edition.
Alex the Allegator 4
is a true jump'n'run, just like the old classic ones. Guide Alex through the jungle in order to save his girlfriend Lola from evil
humans who want to make a bag of her.
Read the readme_psp.txt for installation notes and button configuration. Alex the Allegator 4 PSP comes with an extra menu for choosing custom level packs, read readme_psp.txt on how to install new custom packs (there are already four custom packs included).
Great work. However, I don't why, but I like the feel of the single-colored version, although this one looks better. May be it's because I played that same version on the PC long time ago. And it probably means that nostalgia really has a strong effect on our choices.
Could you post the source of the original colour edition, without the PSP changes? The site you link to no longer has the code and I'd like to integrate the colour version into the official version. I'd also like to integrate the PSP port once I've merged the colour patch and the changes from Linux distros. Please send me an email about this.
Congratulations about this version of Alex! Colors are rerally beautiful and fresh! They make me want to play it so much However, I have noticed some issues about the port:
1) One of the main advantages of Alex the Allegator 4 PC version was its smoothness. Your port is *too laggy*, fps is definitely too low.
2) I think START button should be the one, with which we come back to the main menu, *not the TRIANGLE button*.
3) When it comes to coming back to menu: there is the bug in capturing pressed button. Holding TRIANGLE button for a while launchs confirmation of coming back and confirms it in one time. It's really frustrating when *you want to pause the game and it gets you back to the main menu*.
4) Why the bonus game (that suprise with Lola) *loads in about 12 seconds*?
5) The icon of bonus game still contains *information about F1 key, while launching it is the SQUARE key*.